Early Foods aims to innovative recipes and help you include sprouts in a fun meal while making it an enjoyable time for both the mother and the child. Adding sprouts to recipes is extremely beneficial to your child's diet. It adds a lot of protein, minerals and makes it super easy to digest for your baby.
So here is 'Sprouts Dhokla, another delicious & healthy finger food for your family. Protein content becomes much higher with the combination of gram flour or besan. And adding a variety of mixed vegetables to dhokla brings in a lot of new flavour & nutrition.
Green Moong beans sprouts-coarsely grounded - 1 Cup
American sweet corn - 1/2 cup
Grated Carrot - 1/4th cup
Grated Bottlegourd - 3/4th cup
Ginger - 1 Tsp grated
Asatoefida - Half pinch
Bengal Gram Flour - 2 TBSP
Tumeric powder - Half pinch
Salt (optional) Use Lemon or Amla powder to flavour
Oil - 1 Tsp
Eno (fruit salt) - 1 pinch
For the Tempering:
• 1 tbsp oil
• 1/2 tsp split black lentils (urad dal)
• 1 tsp mustard (rai) seeds
• 1 tsp cumin (jeera) seeds
• A few curry leaves
• 2 garlic pods, crushed
(Suggestion: For toddlers use very low amount of salt, about half pinch of preferably rock salt. Also, Eno is a better alternative to soda especially for babies above 1 year)
- In a bowl, mix together the coarsely ground moong sprouts, grated carrot, grated bottle gourd, ginger paste, besan, asafoetida, salt, and turmeric.
- Mix everything together to make a coarse mixture. The consistency should be medium and not too runny. Add the American corn now.
- Use a dhokla plate with a heightened rim. Now, grease the plate and put it on the stove.
- Next, add the eno in the moong dal mixture spread on the hot plate and spread it evenly.
- Steam it in a dhokla maker as shown in the above picture for 12 to 15 minutes or until the dhokla is cooked.
- Once dhokla is cooked, you can remove them from the stand and keep them in a hot case.
- Heat the oil and add all the ingredients for the tempering one by one. Cook for a few seconds then pour this tempering over the cooked dhokla.
- Cut the dhokla into pieces of the favorite shapes of your babies such as stars, heart, circle and serve it warm.
Hope you enjoyed this nutritious recipe.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.