Fruits are loved by all toddlers and when we combine them with these nutrient-packed healthy sprouts it becomes a bonus win-win for the mother. The Mixed Sprouts Fruits Salad has a little bit of everything, giving your plate a dynamic look, with different flavors and textures. It is super healthy and can be had as a filling finger food not just by growing babies but anybody. Lots of antioxidants from the fruits and veggies help keep your body cells fit and fine!
1/2 Cup Mixed Sprouts of Green Moong beans & Chickpeas (chana)
1 cup - Pomegranate seeds
1 - Pear cut into small pieces
1 - Muskmelon cut into small pieces
1 - Papaya cut into small pieces
Handful of Chopped Mint Leaves(Pudina)
1/2 Tsp of Amla powder for a Tangy Taste
A pinch of Hing
If you are new to sprouting, check out the detailed method to sprout whole grains here.
- Put all the mixed raw sprouts in 1 cup of hot boiling water and in the process of boiling add a pinch of Asafetida (hing) in it, to ensure it doesn’t create gas in the growing baby’s tummy when consumed.
- Cook for 10 mins and drain the water and keep the steamed sprouts in a bowl.
- You can use the drained water for soups, kneading a dough etc. Dont throw it away.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients in this bowl containing steamed sprouts and toss well
- Add mint or pudina and amla powder for that extra punch of Vit C.
- Toss well
- Serve it in a fancy bowl and we bet your toddler won’t be able to resist its colorful look
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.