These fibre rich cookies are so easy to make and comes handy when your hungry kids come back from play, while travelling or even when you want to enjoy a healthy snack with your family with an evening tea or coffee!
This recipe uses no maida at all, can be made without sugar too and its simply delicious & crunchy! The best part I love about these are , that they need no soda or baking powder. Simple home made chemical free cookies.
Cooking time: 30 mins
- Ragi - 1 Cup
- Whole Wheat Flour - 1 Cup
- Cold Butter cut in pieces (Saltless) - 1 Cup
- Brown Sugar or Jaggery or Dates Powder - 1 Cup
- White Til or Sesame Seeds - 3 Tea spoons (optional)
- Vanilla Essence - 1 spoon or elaichi powder
- Milk or water - 3-4 Teaspoons
Note: You can buy Sprouted Ragi Powder and Dates Powder from our website. Click here check and add them to your cart :-)
- Sieve ragi and wheat flour. Mix them well.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to make a tight dough. Dont add too much milk. It should be slightly harder than the chappati dough. Knead it for 5-10 mins
- Keep the dough in the fridge for 10 mins
- Make small balls and press them in your palm to make them flat and round. It can be about 3-4mm thick they will rise when baked.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees for 10 mins
- Bake these biscuits for 18 mins at 180 degrees
- They will still be soft once they are baked. Let them cool down for 15-20 mins and they will turn hard and crispy.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.