This simple and humble 2 ingredient banana egg pancake is ready for breakfast in less than 5 mins. All you need is ripe bananas and eggs. A tiny pinch of cinnamon for extra flavour but believe me, they taste yummy without any extras too.
When we made this recipe, we were surprised that the taste and smell of egg was completely masked over by the fresh ripe bananas. And oh, they were so sweet even without adding any sugar or jaggery. But make sure to use ripe bananas. So the next time you have overly ripe bananas at home that your kids dont want to eat, you know what to cook :-)
For extra nutrition, you can top these off with chopped dry fruits and a variety of fresh cut fruits like kiwi, cherries, apples, plum, pear etc. It will look super colorful and be inviting for your little ones to enjoy them independently without any fuss!
You can even check our quick recipe video or read the detailed recipe below to know how to make these yummy pancakes.
Banana - 1 1/2
Eggs - 2
Butter / Oil - For greasing
Honey / Maple Syrup / Jaggery Syrup - 1 tsp (Optional)
Powdered sugar (or icing sugar) - 1/2 tsp - Optional
Cinnamon powder - a pinch
1) Peel and mash 1 banana and add the eggs to it, whisk a little. You can use the whole egg to whisk. If you want to use just the yolk or the whites that is fine too.
2) Place a non-stick pan over medium heat. Grease the pan with butter and pour the batter with a ladle to make small pancakes.
3) When you start seeing small bubbles on the pancake, flip and cook on the other side. Repeat to make more pancakes.
4) After the pancakes are done place them on a plate.
5) In a small bowl mix the sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle it on top of the pancakes through a sieve. Sugar is optional here, you can use dry dates powder as a healthy substitute.
6) Slice the remaining 1/2 banana and place it on top of the pancakes. Lastly, drizzle honey on top and serve. You can use maple syrup or liquid jaggery instead of honey too.
We are so eager to hear how you and your kids liked our recipe. Please feel free to drop your comments below.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.