Regular idli made of rice is fermented and needs a pre-planned effort to prepare the dish. However, Vegetable Rava idli is more of an instant preparation that is filling and nutritious for your toddlers.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
- 1 cup Suji rava (finer the better)
- 1 cup fresh curd
- 1 cup mixed vegetables like carrot , green peas and french beans, all finely chopped
- 1 green chilly, half slit
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 5 cashew nuts broken into small pieces.
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp chana dal
- 1 tsp jeera
- 2-3 curry leaves
- ghee/oil for tempering
- salt to taste
- Dry roast rava on a medium flame for 10 mins and put it in a bowl. The color changes to light brown. Let it cool.
- Then add the curd and mix well and keep it aside for 4-5 hrs, if u like to have the idli a bit sour. But you can make it instantly too.
- After 5 hrs, put little more water to adjust the consistency of the batter. Add mixed grated vegetables, chopped green chili, minced ginger, salt, and mix.
- In a pan, put 2-3 tsp of ghee. Once hot, put mustard, when it splutters, put cashews broken, chana dal, jeera, and curry leaves and pour this tadka onto the batter and mix well.
- Grease the idli plates with ghee or any regular oil and pour the batter into idli plates using a ladle. Steam it for 10 mins.
- Remove it from idli plates and serve hot with your choice of chutney.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.